The Chemo Kit
is designed to offer support for cancer patients going through chemotherapy treatment. The kit was created to help patients have practical tips and tools that will help offer them support as they go through some of the common side effects of treatment. The items that are included in the kit are:
- Information from the American Cancer Society—registration form and general chemotherapy information
- Eating Hints booklet from National Cancer Institute
- “50 Days of Hope” Book
- Treatment Planner—designed to help you keep track of medication, symptoms, food journal, appointments, important contact information, and notes.
- Reusable insulated tumbler with screw tight lid and straw—one of the best things you can do is to drink lots of water!
- Sickness Bag
- Candies to help with metal mouth
- Rice Wrap—this is a great tool that could be used as a heating pad or an ice pack to help with aches and pains from treatment
- Local community resources and event information
- Note: We also have upon request a book for patients that are going through Breast Cancer and have children that may be having a hard time understanding what their mommy is going through (Why My Mommy?). Also Bibles and encouraging scriptures to help them through this difficult time
These kits are FREE to cancer patients. If you live in the Stanislaus or San Joaquin County area, we would love to get a Chemo Kit to you. Please click here and leave your contact information and we will contact you.