According to the 2014 National Cancer Institute Incident Report in Stanislaus and San Joaquin counties more than 4,500 people get newly diagnosed with cancer each year. Many of these people will have family and friends who will offer them support; many others will be walking this journey alone. Chemo Crew offers tips, tools, hope and help to cancer patients-whether they have any other support or not-throughout the community. Chemo Crew is available for free individual consultation to help patients connect with the community resources and support they may need.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any inquiries or questions.
The Chemo Kit
is designed to offer support for cancer patients going through treatment. The kit was created to help patients have practical tips and tools that will help offer them support as they go through some of the common side effects of treatment. The items that are included in the kit are:
- Eating Hints booklet from National Cancer Institute
- “50 Days of Hope” Book
- Treatment Planner—designed to help you keep track of medication, symptoms, food journal, appointments, important contact information, and notes.
- Reusable insulated tumbler with screw tight lid and straw—one of the best things you can do is to drink lots of water!
- Sickness Bag
- Candies to help with metal mouth
- Rice Wrap—this is a great tool that could be used as a heating pad or an ice pack to help with aches and pains from treatment
- Local community resources and event information
These kits are FREE to cancer patients. If you live in the Stanislaus or San Joaquin County area, we would love to get a Chemo Kit to you. Please connect with us. Thank you.