Founded by Ovarian Cancer survivor Bridgette Eilers in 2011, Chemo Crew works to provide hope and help to cancer patients and their families by working closely with hospitals and other medical providers who specialize in cancer treatment.
Cancer patients and their families experience a great deal of uncertainty during treatment. As Bridgette journeyed through treatment, she realized the importance of support. Chemo Crew’s goal is to bridge the gap between patients and available resources as well as to provide practical tips that will offer comfort during treatment.
Chemo Crew is made up from over 100 volunteers and staff (many of whom are cancer survivors) in the Stanislaus and San Joaquin county area.
Brittany Thayer, Executive Director
Brittany is a Leukemia Survivor and has a passion for serving cancer patients in the midst of their struggle. She served as a volunteer before being hired as the Crew Member Coordinator in 2016. Now as Executive Director she is responsible for working with the Board of Directors to develop, maintain and enhance the mission of Chemo Crew and current programs.
Bridgette Eilers, Founder and President
Bridgette was inspired to begin providing the services her organization provides after facing her own battle with ovarian cancer and chemotherapy treatment. As she journeyed through the difficult process of chemotherapy, she discovered useful tools, elements of support from those around her, and resources within herself that she believed were essential to getting her through the process successfully.
John Kitchell, Vice President Nancy Cline, Secretary
Retired Physician’s Assistant Community Member
and Cancer Survivor and Cancer Survivor
Jacqueline Howell, Treasurer Sarah Andrews
CPA, Atherton & Associates Marriage and Family Therapist
and Cancer Survivor
Kelly Chacon Grace Hogan
Former Business Owner Former Business Owner
and Cancer Caretaker and Cancer Caretaker
Small Business Owner
and Cancer Caretaker
THIS SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE!
- If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.
- The content of this Web Site (www.thechemocrew.com), such as text, graphics, forum postings and other material is for informational and support purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment – for you or anyone else.
- You should ask your physician or other qualified healthcare provider to help you in interpreting the information on this Web Site, and in applying the information to your individual case.
- The information on this Web Site should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease.
- Never ignore professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have seen on this Web Site.
- Depending on any information provided by Chemo Crew or other visitors to the Web Site is solely at your own risk.
- Always seek the advice of your physician or other credentialed healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
- Medical information changes constantly. Therefore, the information on this Web Site and on linked websites should not be considered current, complete, or accurate.